The process of creating a sequential images

As I wrote in the last post, today I will deal with my amateur attempt to make sequential photos. I would like to present a narrative of a fairly heavy topic. This topic is love. I hope that when I look at my work I will be able to ask myself do you only need words to express love?

I started my venture by searching the Internet for a video on how to show the word love in sign language. When I found the right one, I started to learn how to position my fingers correctly. I chose sign language because that's where gestures are used to communicate. So it fit my convention perfectly. Then I set the phone camera and tried to take pictures in various positions and frames. I made a dozen of them. I used daylight to make them.

 


Once I am satisfied with the quantity, it is time to choose the ones that look best and create sequences from them. However, before that, I thought I would like them to be black and white. So I chose five photos and then applied the appropriate filter to them. I used the photo editing program that I had on my phone.


At the end, all that was left for me was to combine my photos in the right order and add an inscription, as Duane Michals did, which inspired me. To do this, I used the website: https://www.befunky.com/create/collage/

I really enjoyed taking these pictures. I think I managed to get what I wanted. In the next post I will show the end result. Finally, I would like to encourage you to learn sign language because it is as important as any other.

I used my phone - Samsung Galaxy A50 to take each photo.

Settings on the phone with which I took photos:

- scenery optimizer

- aspect ratio 3:4

- self-timer

- F2.0 aperture

- ISO 160

- 3.75 mm focal length

- White balance Auto

- Exposure time 1/50 s

Comments

  1. You need to add your technical settings that you used on the phone to show you understood technically how you used the phone to create the images

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment