Welcome to the land of deliciousness!

Welcome to my blog. My name is Magdalena Baczek. I am studying IYZ Media and Journalism at DMU International College. I created this blog with the idea of ​​sharing with others delicacies that are worth trying. So, on my blog you will find honest reviews and recommendations worth paying attention to. 


There is no sincere love than the love of food - George Bernard Shaw


About me: 
I am nineteen years old. As you can guess, I love food. However, this is not my only concern. My hobbies also include reading books and watching anime. In my life I follow the maxim of Oscar Wilde  "I can resist everything except temptation". 

The blog was inspired by Jamie Oliver's book "Jamie Does ...". His masterpiece is an adventure cookbook with tons of recipes.

"Cheap, short-haul flights and long weekend getaways have become increasingly popular and within a few short hours of the UK there are new and exciting worlds of food waiting to be discovered as Jamie finds out.Each chapter focusses on a different city or region - Marrakesh, Athens, Venice, Andalucia, Stockholm and the Midi Pyrenees region of France. Classic recipes sit alongside new dishes that Jamie learns along the way. Alongside each recipe there is a beautiful photograph of the finished dish, as well as incredible reportage shots of Jamie's experiences in each country."- that is its description.

Jamie not only describes the countries he has visited, but also gives recipes inspired by his travels. He shares his beloved passion with his readers. On this blog, I also want to recommend food worth attention. Maybe thanks to me someone will discover their new favorite dish or sweetness.

However, it's not just Jamie's book that motivates me to write this blog. I have read a lot of articles recently about whether eating really makes us happy. According to research, what we eat actually affects our well-being and more.


Left side: Average experienced eating happiness (colour intensity: darker colours indicate greater happiness) and consumption frequency (size of the cycle) for the 14 food categories. Right side: Absolute share of the 14 food categories in total experienced eating happiness. 


It turns out that there are many interesting substances in food that affect our mood and well-being. Nutrients in food which can promote the production of your body's feel-good chemicals is serotonin and dopamine. In my opinion, however, it depends on us what kind of food makes us happy. 

"The contention that healthy food choices such as a higher fruit and vegetable consumption is associated with greater happiness and well-being clearly contrasts with the common belief that in particular high-fat, high-sugar, or high-caloric foods taste better and make us happy while we are eating them."

I just hope that the food that I am recommending will make you happy. It doesn't matter if it counts as healthy or unhealthy. The most important thing is to eat in moderation. And when this principle is applied, food may turn out to be more than just a need that must be met.


References: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jamie-Does-Oliver/dp/0718156145/ref=sr_1_25?dchild=1&qid=1602109655&refinements=p_27%3AJamie+Oliver&s=books&sr=1-25

Photo and quotation: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5719018/













Comments

  1. As stated in class please change your language settings to English. The picture above is it your or did you source this on the internet - if you did you need a link underneath to this source as I showed you in session. As I said in class this is an academic blog and so recipes are not really what I am after here. You have said who you are and what you like and this is good but I think you could have added a little more research not just a link to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you have updated the language settings - you now need to add all the other posts from last week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment