Critically Evaluating my website

 In this post I would like to tell you a bit about my website. This time, focus more on the issue of its evaluation than the technical data itself.

● What were your initial ideas for creating a website? style / name / template

From the beginning, I had one idea in my head. I wanted my website to be simple and to express my person. At the beginning, I planned on my website to be white, but later when I was making it, I thought that I wanted it to be bright pink because this color is pleasing to the eye and I like it very much.

● Do you have a tagline on your website? 

I do not have any slogan because I think it does not fit the idea of ​​my website.

● Which designers / artists (relevant to your continuation route) websites did you look for inspiration? 

I was inspired by the website of LouiseTickle and Rachel Spencer. Both are journalists and run websites on this topic.

● How many pages did you want to make on your website and why?  Did that change as you progressed onto the research / designing stage?

I wanted to put five pages on my website: home page, about me page, portfolio page, contact and page with a description of my experiences in journalism. However, I gave up on the last page, because after thinking it over, I realized that I have too little experience and that I'm just learning everything.

● What is the purpose of your website?

My site was created to pass my digital arts project, but also to help develop my skills. I will also be able to use it in the future, for example in a job application.

● Who are your potential website users?

My potential users of the website are my lecturers, colleagues, employers and followers from social media.

● Why do you think it is important to have a digital portfolio website?

I think this is important because the digital portfolio not only comes in handy in my job application, but also proves my skills.

● Which design elements / tools did you use? (e.g.: infographics, fixed header, static background image, navigation menu design, text boxes, image galleries, social media feed) and why? 

In creating my website I used static background image, navigation menu design, text boxes, image galleries, social media feed, contact tool, hover box. I needed them to improve my website.

● Which template did you use in Wix and why?

I used the Journalist CV template because I liked it the most. It also suited the subject of my website.

● How many pages does your website have and why?

My site has four pages because that's how many pages it needs. I would like to have more pages but so far I have no idea what to add to them and I am constantly gaining knowledge and experience that I could include on pages. 


Comments

  1. Also potential employers - I am hoping you want a job at the end of this! Good work here you have considered this and I am looking forward to seeing this live

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts