Critically Evaluating my website

 In this post I would like to tell you a bit about my website. This time, focus more on the issue of its evaluation than the technical data itself.

What were your initial ideas for creating a website? style / name / template

From the beginning, I had one idea in my head. I wanted my website to be simple and to express my person. At the beginning, I planned on my website to be white, but later when I was making it, I thought that I wanted it to be bright pink because this color is pleasing to the eye and I like it very much.

Do you have a tagline on your website? 

I do not have any slogan because I think it does not fit the idea of ​​my website.

Which designers / artists (relevant to your continuation route) websites did you look for inspiration? 

I was inspired by the website of LouiseTickle and Rachel Spencer. Both are journalists and run websites on this topic.

How many pages did you want to make on your website and why?  Did that change as you progressed onto the research / designing stage?

I wanted to put five pages on my website: home page, about me page, portfolio page, contact and page with a description of my experiences in journalism. However, I gave up on the last page, because after thinking it over, I realized that I have too little experience and that I'm just learning everything.

What is the purpose of your website?

My site was created to pass my digital arts project, but also to help develop my skills. I will also be able to use it in the future, for example in a job application.

Who are your potential website users?

My potential users of the website are my lecturers, colleagues, employers and followers from social media.

Why do you think it is important to have a digital portfolio website?

I think this is important because the digital portfolio not only comes in handy in my job application, but also proves my skills.

Which design elements / tools did you use? (e.g.: infographics, fixed header, static background image, navigation menu design, text boxes, image galleries, social media feed) and why? 

In creating my website I used static background image, navigation menu design, text boxes, image galleries, social media feed, contact tool, hover box. I needed them to improve my website.

Which template did you use in Wix and why?

I used the Journalist CV template because I liked it the most. It also suited the subject of my website.

How many pages does your website have and why?

My site has four pages because that's how many pages it needs. I would like to have more pages but so far I have no idea what to add to them and I am constantly gaining knowledge and experience that I could include on pages. 


Comments

  1. Also potential employers - I am hoping you want a job at the end of this! Good work here you have considered this and I am looking forward to seeing this live

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment