Research on Coco Chanel

To do his project, I needs to do some research on Coco Chanel. Thanks to this, I will not only deepen my knowledge about her, but also be able to make notes that will be useful for me while writing this article. I would like it to focus mainly on her biography and the fact that Coco is a legend in the fashion world.

Coco Chanel, actually Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel (born August 19, 1883 in Saumur, France, died January 10, 1971 in Paris) - French fashion designer, from 1915 she revolutionized women's fashion, promoting clothes with simple sports cuts and short dresses devoid of ornaments, becoming an icon of Parisian haute couture for six decades.

In order to broaden my knowledge about her, I started by reading two articles devoted to her biography. I also read some information from Wikipedia.

https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/news-analysis/gabrielle-coco-chanel-1883-1971

https://thefashionglobe.com/inspiring-life-coco-chanel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_Chanel


After reading the articles, I wrote down some of the most important facts. Some facts on my list are that she grew up in an orphanage, was probably a Nazi agent, and a nun learned her to sew. Then I also wanted to find out how she influenced fashion. It is surprising how much impact she has had. Her entry into fashion salons changed the perception of clothes forever. However, Coco Chanel was not only active in the fashion world, but also designed jewelry. Also the perfumes she designed to this day are one of the most popular. Nowadays, you can also find handbags and other accessories signed with her brand. 


While searching for articles, I also came across many photos of newspaper clippings about her. The newspapers described her as a great revolutionary in the world of fashion, which she is still today. Her bold ideas found a wide range of fans around the world. She is not only a great inspiration, but also a person who, through her projects, wanted to show women that they can be strong and independent.


I have also done research on her projects. Although they were created in the last century, they have a huge impact on how fashion looks today. If not for Coco Chanel's courage, the pants would probably still be reserved exclusively for men. Of course, she is not their creator, but she popularized them in everyday fashion, because before that they were only worn by male professions or sportswomen. It was also she who popularized the little black dress, which is one of the most universal dresses. 

From Coco Chanel we can date the notion of fashion "basic", zero style, basic clothing. Basic style, elegant without exaggeration. It is characterized by purity, minimalism and face-to-face, for example a simple dress, but around the neck bijou.

One of the issues that also interested me very much was where did the famous Coco Chanel logo come from? Namely, Chanel avoided men and never got married. This attitude was to be determined by her independence. Coco, however, met Arthur "Boy" Capel and fell in love. He, on the other hand, got married to another because of the family's expectations. Chanel forgave him, and Capel traveled from England, where his wife and children were, to France, where Coco lived, and vice versa. During one of his trips to France, a man died in a car accident. The Coco Chanel logo is the proof that Chanel has never forgotten Boy. Gabrielle often wrote her name and the name of her beloved on a piece of paper in her studio, and finally crossed their first letters - it was supposed to mean connecting with Capel. Thus, they became the trademark of the brand. 

https://www.agneseangelini.com/coco-a-woman-a-brand/

Finally, to get even deeper into the subject, I looked for lots of photos of her projects. Not only pictures of her own designs, but also pictures of women in her clothes. I downloaded some of them because I will use them in my article, of course I will also provide links to them. As she used to say, "Fashion in which you cannot go out is not a fashion" and I think that these words sum up her projects best.


For my article, I will also use a book borrowed from the university library - "Chanel, the couturiere at work" (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/176356.Chanel). In it you can find a lot of photos, her biography, a description of the impact she had on the world of fashion, a description of the clothes and collections she created, as well as a lot of other valuable information.

Summing up the extensive research on Coco Chanel, not only allowed me to take notes, but also gave me an idea of ​​what I want to be exactly in my article. Reading all these articles also allowed me to look at their structures and what they should look like. Thanks to this whole process, my project will certainly be easier for me.



Comments

  1. You have some good facts here and I am hoping that you can bring this together for your article - you do need to really work on your angle and how you are going to make this interesting for the audience to read and discuss your target market

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping for more at this stage - you still have much more you should have added on here and assessment is now only 4 days away - please add before submission

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment