Welcome to the new term!

 Welcome to the spring semester 2021! Despite the fact that the world is not going well, I would like to make it worth remembering. My goal for this semester is primarily to improve my English, but also to try to keep going and work harder.

The person who inspires me to work harder is my favorite writer - Joanne Kathleen Rowling. She is famous primarily for her series of books about Harry Potter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/j-k-rowling-doubles-down-what-some-critics-call-transphobic-n1229351

J.K. Rowling, Joanne Murray (born July 31, 1965 in Chipping Sodbury) - British writer, screenwriter, film and television producer, philanthropist, and previously an English teacher. Her series of fantasy novels Harry Potter brought her fame, with sales of more than 500 million copies.

“Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” (J.K. Rowling 2008 Harvard Commencement Address, entitled “The Fringe Benefits of Failure, and the Importance of Imagination.”)

Rowling is not only a genius writer, but also a great example of a person who, despite adversities, worked hard to achieve her goals. Her biography inspires me to never give up. Below I am including a short animated video with her biography briefly described.

Her steadfastness inspires me to work harder. Many times the thought of her saved me from dropping everything and hiding in a safe corner. That is why I dream of being as strong a woman as her in the future and fulfilling my dreams. I would also like my writing to be as good as hers.

References: 

J.K.Rowling - quote

Comments

  1. Good start to the term - well done however your source should not be a http address you should use the link button and use text to display as you were shown last term

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment