Media: Project Plan

This is my project plan for the Media Project I will be carrying out this term.


Project Title: Female journalists in Afghanistan - how they are treated and what difficulties they face?

Progression Route: Journalism

Describe your major project objective using the SMART acronym:

Create a flipbook with an article on women journalists in Afghanistan and how they are treated and what difficulties they face. I will first use Word Office and then Lucidpress to do this job. I will post the final project on my website. I will finish this work by the beginning of March.

Why have you chosen to do this project?

The topic of this project is close to me because in the future I would like to become a journalist and it is also very interesting for me. It also affects the social inequality between women and men, which I also deal with on a daily basis, so I would like to explore this topic in depth.

What techniques/skills are you developing/learning for this project?

Thanks to this project, I improve my writing skills as well as the ability to think critically and do appropriate research.

What do you expect the final outcome of the project to be?

The end result of this project will be an article (flipbook), which will be available in the portfolio tab on my website.

What have you completed so far for this project?

I have already made a plan of what I want my essay to look like. I have also collected all the relevant sources that I will use.

What do you think will be the issues/drawbacks to the project?

I think I may not sufficiently develop the topic of this essay. I am also afraid that I will not be able to deal with everything in time.

What is your timescale considering that this has to be completed by Week 10?

Week Three: Project Sign off and this plan!

Week Four: Begin doing an introductory article draft

Week Five: Continued to do research and initial tweaks

Week Six: Continue to work on the article

Week Seven: Further research and finalising at least writing an article

Week Eight: Look at website design and update, start to consider portfolio presentation. Complete all pieces ready for portfolio

Week Nine: Quality check everything and write an introduction on the portfolio and complete ready for the deadline.

What resources or materials will you need for this project?

I will use articles and books found on the Internet. I will also use Word Office and Lucidpress.




Comments